Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Greg the Great!

It's been yet another long week! Worst thing- the washing machine is broken AGAIN! It's so frustrating to have spent so much money to just have the same problem again... hoping to find a more permanent solution (or at least one that lasts more than 3 weeks :)! )

But it is so comforting to know that my Father in Heaven is looking out for me! Opened the mail today to the best news and very needed miracle: Jon's neuro-psychology bill. Now I can just hear you asking. 'how can this be good news much less a miracle?!' That is easy to answer: Instead of the $1000 + bill I was fully expecting (as that is what it cost me 3 years ago and I have the same doctor/same insurance plan), I opened it to find a $300 check! That's right, I had my deposit fully refunded as the insurance paid the entire bill! Anyone who has had any experience with public employee insurance knows what I mean when I say that this is a miracle! I actually have a start to the washing machine fund! (Now to be able to sell the great auto lot sitting in my driveway! I still have many, many Mitsubishi Lancer parts up for grabs for anyone interested! ha, ha!)

Just sixteen years ago, my life changed drastically. I became a single mother... and my beautiful sister introduced us all to the best brother-in-law in the entire universe, Greg Bird! More than he even realizes, Greg has filled a place in lives of my children, while being such a terrific husband for my sister and an amazing father to his adorable children! He has helped me install sinks, remove and rebuild windows, move (twice!), fix doors and lawn mowers and washing machines, etc, etc, etc! He has helped teach my children to drive, change oil on their cars, and wire up the sound system in the basement!


See why I KNOW Greg is GREAT! And, Ardis, you made the best choice ever! Thanks sis!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for refund checks and good men! They are both incredibly rare and miraculous! ;)

    ReplyDelete