Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Chair by Any Other Name...

I finished!


I really like it- but it is definitely not perfect. Which got me thinking...

Before I took the covering off, this was a usable chair. It was comfy to sit in and very functional- just didn't look so hot and had a wire out on the bottom. Now it has a new covering, looks great in the room I want it in, and is clean (plus the wire is put back into place).


However, if this chair could talk (and if it was a typical person), it would probably tell you all about all of the faults it still has. It is not perfect by any means, and in the end, it is still a chair.- as the one who put on the new covering after taking it all apart and fixing the broken wire, I can tell you every little thing that is not perfect!

But I love this chair!

Guess it is kind of like me. So many times in life, I need a 'new covering'. I have been worn down and worn out- and just need to have a change in order to 'look good' in my new surroundings. My Father in Heaven works on me (giving me challenges and/or trials) to help me to grow and to give me my new 'covering' and to fix my broken 'wires'. 

In the end, I am still me and by no means perfect. My Heavenly Father knows all about my imperfections- yet He still loves me! I am His daughter- and He loves Me!

You can't get any more blessed than that!


No comments:

Post a Comment