Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Drip, Drip, Drip...


Over three years since I met this incredible man!!!

But some of life is hard... Living with someone with a chronic illness is like living with water dripping - all of the time! Life keeps going, with it's challenging times and great times, but the drip, drip, drip is always there. Even on good days, the 'sound' isn't gone.

Drip- always medications to remember, sleep schedules to keep, doing all of the chores all of the time - myself.

Drip- very limited on going anywhere but work, church, or required errands- and so often going alone.

Drip- never knowing if it will be a hard day for him (with me tiptoeing around the house and being oh so careful of what I say or do in an effort to lift just a tiny bit of his burden) or a rare good day (one in which we might actually be able to laugh together for a moment).

And yes, it can get discouraging. I think the worst, though, is watching him wanting so much to do more, help more, be more for me but not being able to (YET)!

So I hang on to promises Luke and I have been given and try to drown out the dripping with words of hope-

Like the talk given by President Uchtdorf in the last General Women's Conference: 'A Summer with Great-Aunt Rose'

He quotes this from Revelations: "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." 


So even as the drip, drip, drip continues to sound in my ears, I remember the promises of my Savior and am grateful for Luke in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment