Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Summer of Stitching- Summer Projects Part 1


My grandfather died at a fairly young age in a tragic accident. This sweet lady, my Grandmother, was left to find a way to make ends meet for her family. She made and sold handmade items- quilts, stuffed animals, dolls, etc. For me, as a young girl, there was nothing better at Christmas than to receive a doll or blanket made by my grandmother. 

As I got a little older, my grandmother began to teach me how to quilt. As I didn't live nearby (I was in Minnesota, she in Utah), I only remember 2 occasions when I worked on a quilt with my grandmother. She was so patient in her teaching as I couldn't seem to be able to make the same size stitches twice in a row, I continually pricked my finger, and I needed help with every single knot!

But I am forever grateful for the love and example she gave to me!



I was able to make 4 of these, one for each granddaughter, this summer thanks to my grandmother's lessons. 



I was even able to use the rose patterns my grandmother used so many years ago!

I hope my granddaughters (or at least one) will want to learn to quilt with me!

Now I need to finish a jean quilt for Char...


Just need to put it on the frame!


And of course, finish stitching my neighborhood Christmas gifts!

I am so blessed to be able to create things for the people I love!







r

No comments:

Post a Comment