Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Making Something Out of the 'Discarded'...


Only 4 more rows- then the edges! I am so excited that the end is in sight. This quilt will be for Charly. As with my other jeans quilts, pillows, pillowcases and backpacks throughout the years, this top is made from other people's discarded jeans. They were full of holes or stains or simply falling apart; no longer useful as jeans, ready for the trash. And yet, they can make something spectacular! 


Just like this beautiful quilt that I was honored to make for a good friend.

I started making jean quilts way back when I had 3 very young children and little (or no) money. I wanted to make them a quilt for their beds but had very little money to make them. I saw a jean quilt made by a neighbor and decided that since I had an abundance of soon to be discarded jeans (as I had 3 children including 2 growing and active boys!) I would also make jean quilts. 

Many years later, I still derive great satisfaction from using things others would discard...

This weekend was The General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. As I was privileged to watch and listen. I started thinking about my Savior and how he takes those who may be discarded by others and makes something beautiful and wonderful out of each and every one of us!

I am so grateful for Jesus Christ in my life and hope to always follow His example.




No comments:

Post a Comment