Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Gift of the Gospel!

These are both photos of Charly and Jeremy. They are more than just cousins, more than just best friends... They have been doing so much together for so very long, and it is the best thing I could have ever wished for for my daughter! Jeremy's missionary farewell is next Sunday. He will be leaving to serve an LDS mission in Finland for the next two years- although we will miss him (especially my Char), I am so grateful to the example he has been and will continue to be for my children and for me!

The Gospel of Jesus Christ has brought so many blessings to my life both big and small. Big: the lives of my children, nieces and nephews have all been enhanced thanks to their individual testimonies! Every one of them is a great example to me!! Small: two examples...
  1. my printer works! Now you may ask what in the world I mean by that- but my printer was so very broken, wouldn't print photos at all! (and I have lots to print, already bought the ink and photo paper...) I cleaned what I could, searched the internet for solutions (tried a few), gave it a week in case it was the ink leaking or something- then basically thought about giving up, even pricing a new one- but honestly, a new printer won't be in the budget for some time to come... it may seem like a coincidence to many, but I know it was a small miracle that when I tried to print today (for the last time), it works! There is great power in prayer, even with the small, inconsequential-to-eternity kind of things!
  2. Last night... So Charly spent the day downtown, riding Trax for transport. Now anyone who knows Char, knows that she gets lost pretty easily! I had been teasing her all week in anticipation of getting a phone call late last night asking for me to come and rescue her... So imagine my surprise when I really did get a phone call! Apparently due to an incident on Trax at an earlier stop, the driver forgot to enable the doors to open for the riders. Result: Charly could finally get out TWO STOPS PAST HER CAR! On the last train!!! And at a Trax stop literally in the middle of nowhere (no buildings, houses, etc. for at least a mile), a stop does not list the west co-ordinates on the internet site! I am so thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. Not only did it prompt me to call Charly again to clarify which stop she was waiting at, it literally directed me on where to drive to find the stop. I know that without the help, it would of taken me 20-30 minutes more to find my daughter. Having her wait in the dark and freezing night- well, I don't even want to think about the negative possible outcomes. 
I am so grateful for the Gospel in my life and all of the blessings I enjoy because of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment