Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

An Important (List) Book!

So I am not feeling very well right now and am facing yet another 10 hour work day, starting with the early attendance school shift. So I should really be headed for bed. However,  I feel VERY prompted to write this first (the HG will not leave me be!)

To my Charly:

I am proud of your upcoming book for some very good reasons! First, I am proud that you spent so much time and energy on writing and developing all of the ideas for your book. There are not too many people who will stick to a project like that for so many years, especially at such a young age. Second, I am proud that you had the courage to talk to John Bytheway and then follow-up with email after email after email (even if it took me nagging a bit) until you accomplished your task! But most of all, I am proud of your book itself. Now I know that you do not consider it a real book, do not think that it is important to others in the grand scheme of things- but this time, I think you are wrong.

Your book will most likely be VERY important to at least one person- as in be a huge, important event in their life! To you, a book like this would have been a fun read, a source for some good ideas, something that would never be life-changing. But I can think of some lives that, to them, this book could influence and improve in BIG ways...

For example, I have a young woman (student) who means a lot to me this year who could really use your book today. (In fact, I will be sure and buy her a copy, even in September). She was in tears today because of her boyfriend- lots of reasons- but one reason that has come up in conversation on multiple occasions is that her boyfriend does not take her on dates (no money, you see.). To someone like you, this is not a big deal or something that could have an easy solution... you have a great imagination and you don't have this girl's background or circumstances. To this dear girl. your book and the dates it will inspire will mean A LOT!  

To the young girl or boy who reads your book and asks that other young guy or girl out as a result of being inspired or simply thinking that they can have a date without the cost most kids incur from a date- your book will mean A LOT. Think of the future: How many of these kids would have not had a date in high school if it weren't for your book? Even if that only happens to one young girl... well, your book has now become VERY important to that one young girl. So isn't that saying something? Isn't that perhaps one reason that our Father in Heaven helped you with your writing talent? Because not only are you that important to Him, but that girl is that important to Him. 

And as to wanting to write something to change the world... well, besides this book, your other two book ideas will definitely change the world for AT LEAST one person. I know it. AT LEAST one young man out there needs to know what you know they should know about dating, and AT LEAST one young woman out there needs to know some of what you have learned from dating those 100 guys. SO keep writing- every word has the potential to change the world!

I love you! And I will be having a book launch party!!! So please show up for it!

1 comment: