Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mirror, Mirror...

I need to start by saying that pictures of me have never been among my favorite things... and it's not just been since I gained the weight either. I never remember seeing a current picture of myself and being thrilled. People will look at the same pic and tell me how good it is or how it looks just like me- and all I am thinking is, 'do I really look like that?!' (My kids will tell you that I do not have many pictures floating around out there...)

But I heard someone remark once that there is a good explanation for this: People are used to seeing themselves in the mirror. So when you see another image of yourself, you just don't look like you because it is how others see you, not how you see yourself. So as a matter of study, here at two pictures of me (and no, I do not think either is fantastic, however...)



Do you see any difference? Do you have a preference? Funnily enough, I do on both counts... and the 'winner' is the mirror image!

1 comment:

  1. Huh. I don't really think either one looks a ton like you. I mean, I recognize you and all... but I'm used to seeing you moving and talking. :)

    ReplyDelete