Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Best Gift that I Ever Got...

My dad used to play this song by Barbara Streisand at Christmastime as I was falling asleep when I was very young. I loved it!

Little did I know how very meaningful it would become in my life!

Here are the lyrics:
"The best gift that I ever got
Didn't really weigh a lot.
It didn't have a ribbon 'round
And it sometimes made a terrible sound.
The best of all it seems to me
It wasn't neath the Christmas tree.
And yet, I guess I'd have to say
That it made all the other presents twice as gay.
The best gift that I've ever known
I'd always wanted most to own.
Yet in my dreams of sugar and spice
I never thought it could be so nice.
The best gift that I ever get
was sometimes dry and sometimes wet.
Was usually pink but oftentimes red
As it lay so innocently in its bed.
The best gift of the year to me
The one I hold most dear to me
A gift that simply drove me wild
Was a tiny, newborn child."

Happy birthday to my Christmas baby!

I love you, Eric!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment