Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Difficult is Not Impossible!

The past week or so has been difficult... I suppose life hasn't really gotten any harder than 'normal' for me, but it has felt harder of late.

Now I could write all of the specific complaints, I could pretend that I handled everything just right, I could expound in detail how I really reacted to all of my challenges and obstacles that make up life...

But

Instead, I am going to write about what I should have written days ago; the things I learned in Stake Conference (An LDS church meeting)! These are the things that I know to be true...

The truths that make all of the difficult challenges of life NOT impossible!

"Regardless of my own weaknesses or insecurities, I've got what it takes.  Heavenly Father gives us what we need to overcome." Brother Tullis


President Stoddard: the children of Israel walked across on dry ground and saw their enemies drowned behind them, but it did nothing to change their hearts, to change their true spiritual selves. Shock and awe will not result in a stronger testimony. Our Heavenly Father communicates through a still, small voice. 
And
WE are the most important things to our Father in Heaven!



President Baer: asked, "How many believe that you will receive the gift of the Celestial Kingdom?" 
"It is because of Jesus Christ that the Celestial Kingdom is a reality for ALL OF US," 
"If we do not believe, then we are not yet fully converted."

"God is willing to give us whatever we are willing to receive..." See Alma 29:4-5 
"When God tells us what to pray for, that is the highest form of prayer."



And even though I may feign to forget the following sometimes, I KNOW IT IS TRUE:

Through the atonement of Jesus Christ, we are able to do things above our own abilities!!

I am so blessed to know the truth of these teachings! So, I'll spare myself the pity party and enjoy the good things life ALWAYS has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment