Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Blessings are Hard Work!

Though life can be challenging, I have been very blessed.... but sometimes it is so much work!

My printer is broken, the kitchen faucet can no longer limp along as is- it needs replacing NOW! And, of course, the expenses keep piling up...

BUT

I have been blessed! I have been assigned extra hours at work with both attendance school to supervise and home/hospital students to visit. I have an opportunity to do some PAID inservice. The catch? All of these blessings mean an additional number of hours of working- and no, I am not complaining. I am very grateful for these opportunities- not only for the extra income, but also for the learning I gain by completing each task. There is always something I learn- and great new people to meet too.

It seems in life that often what we ask for will come to us, but only in the Lord's time and only when we are willing to put in the effort necessary. I have been blessed with parents who taught me to work! We were always doing things as a family - growing gladiolas to sell at the Farmer's Market, raising bees, working in the vegetable garden. And all of these things contain wonderful memories for me!

Psalms 90:17
"And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it."

I know that blessings will come in life, I know that they can mean that I will have more work to do, and I know that I should remember to be grateful for both the blessings and the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment