Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Road Trip: Day Four and Day Five

Day Four: Thursday, July 18th: Nauvoo!

So much to do and see! Luke and I were privileged to spend some time serving in the Nauvoo Temple (of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints)


It was such a memorable time! And the temple is so very beautiful!
(and when our car battery died in the parking lot, some nice people from out of state helped give us a jump.)

After a picnic on the banks of the Mississippi, we spent the remainder of the day visiting all of the exhibits from the time of the early LDS Saints. Luke and I both have ancestors who once lived in Nauvoo- so that made it especially fun!

This was a house actually built by my ancestor, Aaron Johnson! It is still standing (all of the other houses we saw have been rebuilt). And it has a great view of the Mississippi too.
Luke was not feeling the best, but he was so nice to come along with me!

Blacksmith shop

Mary Ann Young's actual bonnet- the ribbing provided air flow

Mary Ann Young's china- has been pieced back together



teaching school in Nauvoo

Luke liked the brickyard

Scovil Bakery- also my ancestor

Greatest salad bar!


Nauvoo truly was a beautiful city!

Day Five: Friday, July 19th: We visited the quarry before heading to Minnesota...



Quarry underwater

We drove past my Elementary, Middle and High Schools in MN. Everything has grown! And I so loved the greens!!!

I was blessed to have been born in such a beautiful state. And I am  very blessed to have such a wonderful husband who will take a trip like this with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment