Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Road Trip: Day One and Day Two

Luke and I were so blessed to be able to take a long road trip last month! I guess all those extra hours I spent working Attendance School and Home/Hospital finally paid for something SUPER fun!!!

Day One (Monday, July 15th): A LOT of driving... Luke was very tired from the weekend previous and had a hard time getting up and packing... So we started later than we hoped.
10 hours on the road...
Well, it's a good thing we like driving together!

All the way through Wyoming and to Gothenburg, NE in just one day... losing an hour to boot as we crossed into the Central Time Zone. 

And I forgot how much I miss the humidity!!! I know, weird. Most people I know struggle with humid- I, on the other hand, grew up with it- so I miss it in Utah!! Makes it easier to breath and makes my hair feel better! And yes, it makes things feel hot in July!

And fireflies! Love them!

Day Two (Tuesday, July 16th): Winter Quarter's Visitor's Center and Winter Quarter's Cemetery, and Omaha Temple








(Next time we travel, I must remember to find locations for good Mexican food before we leave...)

This place was Delicious!

I want to try to create my own version of their Mushroom/Spinach enchilada... YUM!
Think large, toasted tortilla filled with mushrooms and spinach, pepper jack cheese and an incredible white sauce- all smothered with more white sauce and a salsa with a kick! SO good!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment