Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's Life! And It's Great! (Well, great-ish!)

(and I will finish the road trip posts in the near future...)

I caught the bug. The horrible whatever it is that the kids have been spewing on me during class since the first day of school... the non-joy of being a teacher. (yes, even the big high school students don't all know how to cover their mouths when sneezing, coughing, breathing when sick... and PLEASE do not touch my computer... )

Anyway, even though I was so ill, I was able to attend Abby's farewell talk in Sacrament meeting.


She positively glowed as she spoke about sharing the Gospel of Christ and her testimony of the truth!
Abby will be a great missionary!! And we are truly blessed to be able to be a small part of her life!

In other ways, life is a struggle right now- Luke's health among other things... I hope he does NOT get this bug I have on top of everything else! Hopefully the insurance will approve the new drug regiment prescribed by the doctor- and soon! It is a bit experimental, but it sounds so right!

In the meantime, this quote from my niece Shayla's blog is something I need to remember:
"It is the plain and very sobering truth that before great moments, certainly before great spiritual moments, there can come adversity, opposition, and darkness. Life has some of those moments for us, occasionally they come just as we are approaching an important decision or a significant step in our life." ~Jeffrey R. Holland

And the blessing Luke administered to me today... more special than words can describe! I am so thankful to have a husband who is worthy to give me a blessing from my Heavenly Father when needed- and that Luke loves me so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment