Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Always Mom

Twenty-four years ago today, I became a mother...


The years between then and now have been the best years ever! So many wonderful memories, so many yet to come...

But being a mom also has so many challenges. And as your children grow, being a mother can be filled with heartache for their decisions. I am so grateful that my own mother lived long enough for me to be a mom during her lifetime. Because I was also a mother, my mom shared her thoughts and feelings on choices I myself and my siblings made- I got to see being a mom from my mom's eyes.

That helps now when I need the reassurances that other's choices place in our lives... I have hope that things will get better, that people will choose differently in the future...

And I get to savor the wonderful moments of being Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment