Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Courage takes Faith

It has been a miraculous week in many ways! And a hard week...

Luke has been able to work!
But he has to have a very strict schedule and use all of his energy for work...

I know that as his health continues to improve, work will not be all consuming. But for now, it is. Both in Luke's life and in mine... no nights with friends or family, not even nights for a date

But I have to focus on the miracle- because that is what Luke's improved health really is- a miracle- and Luke can work!

This video, on Mormon Messages says it all:


Quotes from this message that I KNOW are true:

"You don't really realize how strong you are, until being strong is all you have left."

"Being brave doesn't mean I am not afraid."

"Brave is just acting in faith."

"If I really trust Heavenly Father, it doesn't matter what I don't understand."

And my very favorite- mostly because I know from personal experience how true this is:

"I know that God has a plan for me that is usually different than what I have planned for myself. It's not always easier, but it's always better!"

No comments:

Post a Comment