Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Life is All Cottage Cheese with Chocolate Chips!


I am getting used to Luke's new schedule: the early bedtime, the gazillion pills a day, etc. But I don't know if I will ever be prepared for some of his weird food cravings. (I didn't know that grandfathers-to-be got weird food cravings!)

So Luke said to me: "you know what sounds good? Cottage cheese with chocolate chips. Can I have some for lunch tomorrow?"- totally serious!

So, I packed it, and he liked it!

Our life right now is quite a bit like this unique gourmet delight:

1. VERY unique!
2. Sounds not so great at first.
3. Upon second thought, it may have some appeal.
4. If you try it, you will find that you'll like it.

Our life is certainly unique. We have never had this particular set of challenges and will never have them in quite the same way again.

If I were to list our challenges, they would not sound so great at first.

On a second examination, remembering all the challenges we have conquered and seeing all the challenges of friends and family, our challenges now, with their accompanying blessings, actually start to hold some appeal.

And if I can just remember to jump right in to accepting these challenges for what they can teach me, rely on my Heavenly Father to guide me through, and pray and pray and pray, I may come through actually 'liking' the here and now!

The Gospel is true. My Father in Heaven is real and loves me always! You too!

And some people, like my Luke, actually enjoy cottage cheese with chocolate chips! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your wisdom and winning attitude. It's no wonder that you have such amazing kids n they have a great role model in you!

    ReplyDelete