Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Sunday, September 7, 2014

It Depends on Your Angle...

This life can be very difficult and challenging in so very many ways!

But it is also beautiful and wonderful too! And in more ways than I can personally count.

It all depends on the angle.

For example, my math class is usually a place where it is hard to find smiles. My students are in my class because math is the most challenging subject for them (or close to it). So, they see the hard quite often.

But this week, I had a student look at my class from a different 'angle'. When others groaned while getting out the whiteboards, he said, 'I love whiteboards!' When others complained about working with a group, he declared, 'I love working in a group!' When others rolled their eyes at completing an online game, he kept repeating, 'I love math on a computer!'

My favorite quote from him this week? "This is a fun math class!" And best of all, he really meant it!

So I need to remember that when life is challenging to change my view's angle- then I can say, 'I love ____________!' And mean it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment