Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Monday, December 24, 2018

Grateful for Christmas Traditions Part 2

I collect nativities...


mostly because I want to remember and my children to remember that Christmas is all about Christ! This is my Christ tree (at least for the past 8 years or so now). Everything on it represents Christ in some way. My wonderful sister inspired me to create this tree when she lovingly purchased a huge set of olive wood nativity ornaments on a trip to Jerusalem because she knew I collected nativities. I am so grateful for her decision that year! This tree is such a source of happiness and inspiration for me!



This is a hand painted, ceramic nativity given to me by one of my wonderful sisters- in-law. She gave me her very own nativity, one she had made for herself as a newlywed, out of her love for me! I treasure this gift and, leave it out all year to remind me of her love and Christ's love.


I also leave this one out all year... Charly and Jon, when they were younger and broke, bought these for me over a few years. I know that the money was a true sacrifice that they willingly spent because of their love for me. I treasure it!


This is probably my favorite nativity because it reminds me of growing up, acting out the nativity each Christmas Eve- and of my children following in that tradition. I love how Mary (and all of these children) is wearing tennis shoes! You also have to love that 'camel' with two such happy faces peering out! I am so grateful that my parents taught us about Christ's birth!

A few more from my collection, each has a special memory:





Another new tradition I started this year, reading the Book of Luke as an advent of sorts. It has been amazing to read about Christ's life each day of December as I read 1 chapter per day. Yes, Christmas is about Christ's birth. In reading Luke, although I have had a testimony of it my whole life, I have come to realize with even more conviction that Christmas is also very much about Christ's life, his atonement, and his resurrection. I am so grateful for his love for me!


And finally, one of my new favorite Christmas songs:











No comments:

Post a Comment