Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Monday, December 31, 2018

Grateful for Christmas Traditions Part 3


Every Christmas evening while we visited or lived in Utah during my Grandma McClellan's lifetime, my family would gather at her home for the most wonderful Christmas celebration! She would make every grandchild one or more gifts - everything from dolls to quilts to monkeys- It was the best.

Now that I am grandma, I love to carry on this tradition of something made with love for my littles. These sock snakes were a major hit (literally and figuratively)!

Also, made a hooded towel, 6 sets of these potholders,


backpacks for the littles and 3 adorable nieces, 



3 blankets for those same nieces,


an apron and washcloths (an ongoing thing for Luke's family),


and blankets for the marrieds (and I am halfway done with one for myself!)



 Plus the neighborhood gifts...

At times it feels a bit crazy, but I do get great satisfaction in making things for others.


Also love this tradition of displaying all the love I feel from those around me this time of year! And keep it up through January (or even Valentines' Day) at least. I feel so grateful for friends and family every time I go past the door!


And nothing beats the tradition of gathering with family! (I just need to get better at getting more pictures to remember things by...)

And now our Ashtyn insists on sleeping at Grandma Dee's whenever her family comes to town- one of my most favorite new traditions!


Despite the surprised look caused by the camera flash, she really loves it too!

So grateful for traditions and this time of year!








No comments:

Post a Comment