Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Daddy


As I sat and listened to the children singing in sacrament meeting today, I kept thinking 'how very true!'

My daddy is my favorite pal,
and I help him every day.
It's plain to see I want to be
like him in every way!
He teaches me that honesty
is best in all I do.
I'm very glad that he's my dad,
and I know he loves me too!

My dad has always been there for me my whole life- both through the great times and the tough times. I know he always will be too! I do want to be like him when I finally grow up! Despite his best efforts to talk me out of it, I have chosen to be a school teacher and a math teacher at that- just like him! And I love it! He has taught me so many wonderful things by his word and by his example- how to serve others, how to work hard, and how to always be honest, no matter what! I knew if I made a mistake (or even crashed my grandmother's car!), if I were to be honest with my dad, he would help me to fix my problem with love.

I am so blessed to have such a loving and caring dad in my life! And I am so thankful that he helped me to learn that I also have a loving and caring Father in Heaven that I can turn to at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment