Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's Play Time!

My playmates!
This pic was taken in Oct. 2010 (notice the pumpkin) but I love it!

Summertime, when I don't have a job (yes, teachers are blessed to have summers 'off', but off means non-paid...), means time to play with my kids! What a great blessing in my life!

The last week, Jon and Char and I watched all seven Harry Potter vids in preparation for the last installment. Char was able to score us some tickets early in the day Thursday (thanks so much ADC!) so I would not have to try to stay awake past midnight. (Yes, I am no longer a teenager!) Jon and I completely enjoyed the film! She-who-must-not-be named was miserable that 'it didn't follow the book'. But it was great to have this experience together none-the-less! Now we all just want to re-read the books...

Then Friday brought Stake Lagoon Day! (for any non-LDS, that simply means we were able to get discount passes through our church.) It was so much fun to spend the day with Char (and run into Jon with his friends from time to time)! Plus we were able to ride the rides with many wonderful neighborhood friends! A-once-in-a-lifetime great day! I especially loved it when an 11 year old neighbor said: 'Sister Troff, are you really going to go on the roller coaster too?!' Of course! And Char and I rode that old rickety roller coaster several times in the very back!!! What could be better?!

Saturday, fun times at a neighbor's house with lots of friends and many I consider 'family'. I am so blessed to have so many in my life who are willing to open their hearts to me!

I can't wait for many more summer adventures to come... guess I'd better make sure to plan some more!

1 comment:

  1. Aw! I haven't seen HP yet... probably wait to rent it. Haha. But I'll probably agree with she who must not be named. :) I hate it when they don't follow the book! Lagoon sounds fun. I can almost taste the cotton candy. :)

    ReplyDelete