Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Grandma Camping! (Part One)

Part One:

I am not fond of most people's definition of camping. I grew up with most 'vacations' meaning tents, bugs, dirt, and fishing- now when I was younger that may have been appealing- I know the memories of time with my family are priceless- that being said: memories, yes! camping, no thanks!

But what has come to be known to my kids as Grandma Camping, well it's just the best of both worlds!!! Grandma Camping means spending the week with Grandma Sue in a - for lack of a better description- a mansion! Extremely large house, this year in Midway, with five bedrooms plus a master suite (one bedroom actually being a bunk room with 4 sets of bunks- others having a king sized bed, queen sized bed, two with double beds and one with a trundle too.), five bathrooms, a large kitchen with all the amenities, plus several large family and or game rooms- and more large screen tv's than we can watch at once! This house, known as Grandma's cabin to the grand kids, is close enough to Jordanelle to play on the water all day and come 'home' for a nice shower, soft seats, home cooked meals, a movie or games, and best of all, no bugs!

Some of my favs of the week:














time with cousins a fabulous date for Charly's 100

watching Jon build sandcastles for the girls








Adilynne 'driving' the jet ski
with Grandma!











The little girls playing princess (on the table,
in the tub, everywhere!),
the little girls 'performing' their
latest dance or song on their 'stage!





or just my girls at a local playground...

Grandma Camping is full of the best blessings and memories!

1 comment:

  1. SO jealous!!! Now that's the way to do camping!!! :)

    ReplyDelete