Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Best New Year Ever!

We had what my daughter refers to as the "nerdiest Christmas ever!" And I loved every minute of it. In fact. I loved it so much that we continued on the next week to have a very nerdy New Year's Eve party with the best neighbors in the world! Really Tracy and Shauna are not just our neighbors- they are truly our family members with a different last name! (Love you guys!) And just to prove that this MUST be true, Tracy & Shauna tolerate, nay encourage our love of all things Doctor Who!!!
One of my favorite gifts

So to celebrate the new year, we all spent the evening eating great food (thanks again, Shauna. It was delicious!), enjoying amazing company, and laughing out loud to the second half of series six and the 2012 Christmas special of Doctor Who!
My contribution to the food: Grandma Opal's homemade glazed doughnuts. Yum!
New Year's Eve could not have been better! I can't wait to have more nights just like it!!

Jon's Doctor Who action figures 
In the meantime, I have my Jon to watch repeats with me!




1 comment:

  1. LOL. I haven't ever seen a Doc Who. Huh. I guess maybe I should. I do love Red Dwarf...does that count? ;)I mean, they're both on PBS.

    ReplyDelete