Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Friday, January 20, 2012

The best of the month, the worst of the month...

Charles Dickens really got life right with his opening of 'Tale of Two Cities'. Life really is great and terrible all at the same time. Just think about it. Whenever you have something go great in life, there is always something not going so great. However, my favorite part of life, whenever there is something terrible happening in life, there is ALWAYS something great there too (if you just look hard enough). 

My worst this month: a student died. She was a senior, just about to begin her life adventure on her own in a few short months- but Heavenly Father has other plans for that life. So she returned home to Him this week. Her funeral was beautiful and inspiring in so many ways! I hope and pray that her friends, my students, will find peace in what happened and will remember, from Amy's funeral, the great love that our Father in Heaven has for each one of us.

My best this month: My Charly is having her book published! Such an exciting thing for her! I don't think she even realizes just how wonderful and special something like this is in her life... She has worked so hard for this moment. I hope that she can savor every second!

Bread for the neighbors!
Another of the best... having a chance to thank so many wonderful people for all of the little things they do for me! I have the BEST neighbors!


1 comment:

  1. First things first... that bread looks amazing! I swear I can smell it through the screen! :) So excited for Charly! She is so amazing! And *hugs* about losing a student. So hard.

    ReplyDelete