Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Monday, March 5, 2012

Cinderella, Cinderella...

So after working all week, including  a home/hospital tutoring visit, an early morning of attendance school, two days of P/T conferences, then driving on TERRIBLY un-plowed roads on Friday morning, spending all day in classes, I arrived home to find Jon hanging out with a friend and his list of chores to do untouched! He had not even put his wet clothes in the dryer! As I did the dishes and the sweeping and the- well, anyone who has ever watched 'Cinderella' knows exactly how I felt an hour after arriving home and then delivering the dinner to the two boys playing video games in my basement! I was not feeling like a happy mom!!! However, I am so thankful for the Holy Ghost. Even as I arrived home exhausted, becoming quickly frustrated at the mess that was my house, I was inspired to do the cleaning myself, to just let the boys be. Then I felt very strongly that I should make them dinner. It was only after I did these things that I noticed Jon's pill minder on the counter and his Thursday pills still in their place. 

For those who are unaware, Jon has to take a muscle relaxant and a vitamin E pill every night in order to even function the following day- he is as yet undiagnosed as to what causes his various troubles- but that's a story for another day...

Thursday night had been hectic- I arrived home just before 8 PM, exhausted, and needing to put some final touches on my presentation and to go to bed early so I could get up the next day VERY early. But I knew Jon had Friday off both work and school, so I allowed him to stay up late on the condition that he would remember to take his pills before going to bed (something I usually check for him due to his poor short term memory- thus the pill minder on the counter). It turns out that Jon forgot. That led to Jon spending most of his day off in bed, feeling ill with his legs hurting even more than 'normal'. In fact, Jon had just starting feeling better shortly before I arrived home to find the house a mess and the gaming going on.

I am so grateful that the Holy Ghost was able to help me to NOT get upset at Jon for not doing his chores and was able to help me to realize what I should do instead.

Bless his heart, Jon, with Charly's help, cleaned the house from top to bottom on Saturday while I finished my conference at JHS. He even volunteered to help my sis and bro-in-law to entertain their boys all Saturday night! Jon is the best!

My favorite quote of the week- from my Adilynne Sue: "We are going to Aunt Deanne's?! She is my best friend!"
My Adilynne!

I am indeed the most blessed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment