Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Thursday, March 22, 2012

'Don't Let the Turkeys Get You Down!'

No wonder I am so tired and feeling as if I can never get anything done... I just turned in my time cards (for the extra hours of work for the month), and guess what?! I actually worked an extra 39 hours this last month! Yes, that's right... I created an extra week! Now I understand a wee bit of Hermione's world... you know, the time turner and all!

But seriously, what a wonderful blessing from the Lord to have these opportunities- I have a suspicion that come late summer I just may need some extra cash!

And I have met even more questionable 'men'-type people online this week... it's kind of an interesting hobby of mine now to see how long I can string them along until the needing money story starts to crop up... I think my tired mind has created a new type of entertainment- 

It's just an encouraging thing that I came across this fabulous quote in a book I just finished: 'Don't let the turkeys get you down!' Ha! Something I need to remember admidst all these many turkeys...
makes me hungry for turkey dinner... Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Hermione, you're going to crack under the strain! And do you really think you'll be needing extra cash??? I think I'll be excited over what that could mean! :) Sorry about all the turkeys. Maybe we could deep fat fry them? :)

    ReplyDelete