Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Random Thoughts from a Random-Feeling Week...

Had Monday 'off' for end of term- meaning IF my grades were completed and I had logged an extra four hours outside of contract or paid time, I could stay home... I did-both- but spent four hours in attendance school (and the previous Saturday!) With the extra 8 hours in the building, the weekend didn't seem real- oh well. Oh, and I found out that my time sheet was not submitted properly- so I did not YET get paid any extra $ in my monthly check.... guess the blessing is that it is still coming, just next month!

Jon earned a 4.0 grade point average this quarter!!! Now for some students, this isn't as grand as it is for my Jon. He has struggled long and hard with some cognitive issues since the fourth grade. Some days he forgets the most basic of things. If it were not for his routines (thus not requiring short term memory), he would forget things, on occasion, like getting dressed in the morning- yes, it did happen a few times years ago.
Thankfully, Jon had been blessed (before his disease took greater effect) with a brilliant mind! His mind continues to re-wire itself whenever possible and to help him to find ways to cope with his deficits- which my feeble mind could never do- in such a way that Jon has now figured out the high school thing! I am so proud of him and all of his hard work! (Even if I tease Jon by responding, 'It's too dark to weed!'- inside joke brought on by Jon's foreign accent syndrome and his love of reading at night!)

Heard tonight that yet another of my former students passed away. Twenty-two is so young... and he left behind a little boy. 

Wondering if I will ever figure out who to trust in the single men department...

I am so grateful for the upcoming General Conference and that I will be able to listen/watch all of it! And so blessed to have a dad who will take my Jon to the Priesthood Session!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Jon! :) That's so great!!! Hope the check comes through and is bigger than you expected. And single men... gah... all I can say is that there are A LOT of frogs out there and very few princes... but princes DO exist...er... somewhere.

    ReplyDelete