Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Family, Friends, and Fun!

I love my family! (have the greatest family in the whole world!) So I surround myself with reminders of them:
Jon says if I put one more thing on this wall, the house will collapse! But I sure enjoy my dining area. 
I have NOT, however, for many months now enjoyed the site of my old dining room chairs... I had cobbled them together from a larger set many years ago, and they were great while they lasted. They even taught us all to sit up straight at the table... if we didn't, the back of the chairs would crack! And crack they all finally did. They looked so sad to me in the dining area with broken backs- one even had a top rail missing altogether. Sad, sad chairs... so now:
I love them! And they completely match my kitchen area! And we can lean back without fear!
Funny conversation: I bought six. Jon asked why I bought so many. I told him to think about how many people we have in our family... he thought, then said, "Oh, we have six." I wonder if he is foretelling the future- as we have 5 now! 

As I sat in the faculty room for lunch today, I realized how many wonderful friends I have at HHS! (and no co-worker related stress!) I am so blessed that the Lord makes me do so many things that are good for me!


I love it that my niece, Alyssa, and her husband blessed their little girls last Sunday. Not only was it the perfect way to cap off the perfect General Conference weekend, it gave me a good reason to make this chocolate/peanut butter goodness!

Update as to the ongoing internet dating saga... "Jim" not only has a Nigerian based cell phone number, but he also signed his name in last night's email as "Eric"- but that is only his "name at work" and his "middle name" he "sometimes goes by" (although I must note was not listed on the copy of the passport he sent -which was odd in and of itself!) And he wonders: "What happened? I Have not herd from you... Are you okay???"- Yeah, not the best at spelling either! Gee, I wonder why I will NOT be writing him again?!

Big sigh here...considering joining a dating site that will cost a bit more- maybe all these creepy guys will be too cheap to stalk there!


2 comments:

  1. Okay, I love the new chairs, and I do think that Jon might be onto something... 6 sounds good. Will it be a baby or a hubby? LOL. And those cookies look so good! Dang. Dang. Dang. :) Sorry about the creepy stalker guys. At least you have the sense to know what they are. I know a girl who, just in the last 6 months, gave a guy like that actual money and she announced on FB that she was in love and finally getting married (for the 4th time)... just to come back a week later and say he was a Nigerian scammer. Ugh. Hope you find the right dating site for you, with more hotties and less scammers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for bringing the cookies! They were so good!

    ReplyDelete