Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Don Quixote Week?

So many ups and downs this week, so many things I want to accomplish, so many of these things that although noble and grand seem impossibly out of reach (one in particular). It just feels like I am tilting at windmills!
So this windmill would NOT work for me!


But then I go to church, and I am reminded of the greatness and the goodness of my Lord- all He has done for me- And I know that dreaming the impossible is not so crazy after all. Everything that is of worth is within reach with the help of my Father in Heaven!

So here are a few of those impossible 'giants/windmills' in my life that I have actually 'defeated' with the help of my Lord:

1. I have raised my children within the Gospel, and they have all gained their own testimonies of the truth. All of the studies I have read on single parenting and its effect on the children... well, many people in this world would say that what I did couldn't be done. And it couldn't without the help of the Lord.

2. I have earned my master's degree. At that time, my small children and I were living in my father's basement. I was working full time and trying to help the kids with their own homework- only having time to complete my homework and write my thesis late at night when the kids were asleep. Looking back, where did I find the time and energy for it all? It was a blessing, of that I am certain.

3. I own my own home. Such a miracle on a teacher's pay and in this economy... and as a reminder, I have flowers 
both inside

and out!

4. I have a career that I enjoy! I am so very blessed to be able to teach, especially the kids that I do. They are all so unique; they have so many challenges, I am so fortunate to touch a small part of their lives and to learn so much from them in return!

5. Finally, (one I have yet to completely defeat) I have been able to date. Now this is NOT my favorite activity by any stretch of the imagination, but it has been an important learning experience for me in many ways. Perhaps one day I will actually 'defeat' this particular 'windmill'!

So in the meantime, I will continue to tilt at the windmills of life, to pursue all of those impossible, out-of-reach dreams, and trust that the Lord is in charge- He knows what He is doing!!! 



1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I love it! I just can't figure out if I'm supposed to be Sancho or Aldonza/Dulcinea. LOL.

    ReplyDelete