Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Jon May Be In Love!


I love to cook and bake... and thankfully, Jon loves to eat! The pic is my newest creation, Tomatillo Guacamole! I was inspired to try something like this from a friend at work, and in hearing her suggested ingredient list, I just knew Jon would love it- And he does! Sometimes a made up recipe just comes together.
(Charly will even eat it!)

Tomatillo Guacamole
3-4 medium tomatillos
3-4 cloves garlic
½ bunch of cilantro
2 teaspoons lime juice
salt to taste
1 ripe avocado

In a small food processor, chop until fine: tomatillos, garlic, cilantro and lime juice.

In a small bowl, mash the avocado. Mix with the tomatillo mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Enjoy!

I also received an early Mother's Day present from Jon...


A wheat grinder! (yes, it is hand powered... but still.) This happens to be the same wheat grinder that 'died' during Eric's mission (we literally had one thing a month break/wear out while he was serving!- but I think that is in my post about the blessing of learning what you can live without. If not, ... I'll have to work on that one!) This wheat grinder has been sitting in a box in the garage ever since it broke and a piece went missing. I almost threw it away on more than one occasion- but I was always on my way to somewhere when I would notice, and just tell myself that I would throw it out when I got home. I never did. Now I am so very grateful that I kept it. What a great gift to have Jon walk into the kitchen yesterday, set up this grinder, add some wheat, and demonstrate his engineering genius! I am so grateful for a handy-around-the-house-son! And the bread I made is going to taste so good!

And our second great blessing for the weekend....


Yes, this is a pic of my car INSIDE my garage! After over 8 months of parking in the drive, scraping the ice/frost from the windshield in the wee hours of the morning before work, worrying about vandalism, etc, I can park in my garage because....

 We finally sold this engine!!! But if you are disappointed at missing the great deal, we still have one more engine... I can give you a great price! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment