Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Me as Dear Abby

Advice is not something I enjoy giving out- usually... Believe it or not, I was an EXTREMELY shy child. So much so that I am sure my mother spent more than a few sleepless nights worrying what to do about it all. I remember having only 1 friend from the 1st to the 2nd grades, and she was another very shy little girl too. 

My mother had me take Suzuki violin lessons in part to help me get over some of this shyness- she told me that she was convinced that if I could just learn to perform in front of people, I would be 'cured'! All I really remember was being petrified of playing. In fact, the few pics we have of me playing, my back is to the camera (audience)! Plus my family moved away from the teacher; so my violin career was short-lived at best!

through the years, my mom made sure I had plenty of opportunities to do things on my own- and they must have worked (that and all of her prayers, I am sure). By the time I was 15, I had a large group of very close friends, and even a move across the country didn't hamper my social life- I even joined the high school choirs. performed in the musicals, and became a state officer for a club- we sponsored the national convention that year and I was a hostess for the event! 

Yet even with the challenge of shyness behind me, I still would rather listen than speak my mind. (Ironic thing to say as I sit here blogging away!) Now I find that my job comes with daily chances to give advice- my job is to talk all day; so hopefully some of that talking entails some good advice! But tonight, I was asked for dating and single parent advice! The single parent thing... I'll be that Dear Abby anytime! Been there but if not, can at least empathize with that- But the dating advice?! Well, that may not be this Abby's forte!

Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment