Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring!

Rain (or sometimes snow!), flowers, chives, onions and hopefully strawberries!

I am so grateful for spring! I need more beginnings in my life...


And I just love having flowers outside and inside!- even with some of the weeds.

Best pic? 'Guess who won't be making it back?' I just love having one child who not only understands this humor, but who loves it as much as me! (and he'll watch it all with me too!)

And this may seem out of the blue, but it has been on my mind quite a bit, especially with Easter:
I once had someone refer to my faith as the 'tradition' of my family. I have thought a lot on that and tried to observe my family at gatherings. I have come to several conclusions. First, I must say that my faith in the true and living God is not now, and to my knowledge, has never been based upon my family. I am sure that I attended church services when I was young because of my parents. But I can honestly say that I have never believed because they believed. It sounds strange to many, I am sure. However, as long as I can remember, I have known on at least a basic level that Heavenly Father lives and that Jesus is the Christ. I believe this is a gift I was given in my life because I have needed to know this in order to do some things I had to do. I also know that as I have grown, my knowledge has also grown- and I have come to not only believe but to know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church here on earth. I can say with confidence that I do not believe this because of my family. The second thing I have discovered, my family loves me now and will always love me no matter what I believe to be true. I am not close to my family because of my faith. I am close to my family because of who they are and because I want to be with them. I know if I were to decide tomorrow to become an atheist (which of course, I won't), my family's feelings towards me would not change in the least. We have all worked hard at being the family that we are- and that is a great blessing in my life!
It is not a tradition... it is a choice and a great blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment