Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Roller Coaster Week...

But then again, have I ever had a different kind?! Sure a good thing I love a good roller coaster!!!

So here are some of the ups:
1. I was talking to my friend, Victor, about his physical therapy, his hopes to one day walk again, his plans to spend a month this summer at a special facility to help with that... I expressed my happiness for him and his chance at this- but then I felt impressed to ask him if he had even made any plan for himself if walking just didn't work out. (Perhaps this was not my place, but Victor took it well.) He told me that if it didn't work out 'this time', he would would just keep trying. He said that if you quit trying, you're not living. Wow! I very much needed this unintentional advice from a dear friend! He has no idea how profound his statement and example are to me today.

2. The flowers keep coming!!! My yard is starting to bloom and I absolutely love it! (now if only I could get the veggies to grow so well...)

First full-sized rose already blooming!

My fav-colored irises 


mini roses starting to bloom too!

3. And I just love my students!


gotta love the dress code pants with this outfit (especially those boots)!
4. I love reading LDS authors- even in fiction because I find quotes like this one: "Maybe faith isn't any more complicated than simply believing there is a purpose behind hard things and allowing God the latitude to do it His way instead of ours."

Yes, He constructed this roller coaster- guess I need to learn to sit back and enjoy the ride!


2 comments:

  1. It's not so much the ups and downs that bother me... it's the jerks. ;)

    ReplyDelete