Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Monday, June 4, 2012

"It's really fun, isn't it?!"

It's been a hard week in so many ways.... And it's been a glorious week in so many ways!

The roses are in bloom!

It was the last week of the school year. The kids were ready to be done and so were we! And yet, I was able to spend quite a bit of time with some of the really good people who work at my school, time talking and laughing. I have been so very blessed to make friends with so many this year! They are incredibly kind and talented professionals- and they are so supportive of me and what I am doing. Herriman High School has been such a great experience in my life!

I was able to attend a funeral with Luke this weekend. It was for his aunt- As her children spoke of her life and all of the wonderful attributes of this dear lady, I thought so much about my own mother, how blessed I am to have been a part of her life! Also makes me hope that I can do and be half as much to my own children (and hopefully one day, my grandchildren!)


And I got to attend Stake Conference!!! It was such an inspiring meeting (and thanks to my Char's example, I even took notes!) Brother and Sister Ogden from the presidency of the OM temple spoke. 
Sister Ogden shared a sacred experience from her life and taught this: "It was through attendance in the temple that I learned the important truths."
Brother Ogden shared his "parable of the horse and the rabbit"- how everything in life, and most especially in the Gospel, asks us to give more than we take if we desire to become truly happy by becoming more like our Savior, Jesus Christ.
And President Baer finished the meeting beautifully. Of being a member of the Church, he said, "It's really fun, isn't it?!"
What a great man!!!

And my life, though I may complain of the challenges sometimes, is really fun too!


No comments:

Post a Comment