Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"Mom, I think you'd better come look at this..."

NOT the words that made my day/week better! Jon was referring to this tree:
See anything wrong with this picture?!
The strong winds had separated the right portion of the tree from the rest- it is still standing thanks to the support of our neighbor's tree!


Silly tree! And my week keeps going just like this- one thing wrong after another! I tried to put a quilt on the frame only to have each clamp take a turn popping off! Augh!!! The dryer is making a 'funny' noise, my computer is running REALLY slow, I spent more time with Josh in the last week than I did with Luke, .... you get the pic- lots of little things that add up to a slightly frustrating stress level that apparently equals life this week.

So, as Luke suggested, let's all think like Pollyanna (haven't watched that vid in a while- may be a good idea for tomorrow!)

I have been wanting to take that tree out of my yard, and now I have the perfect excuse to do it! And what will the priest quorum do for their weekly activity if I don't find these 'little' projects for them anyway?!

I finally spotted the hummingbird nest, and there are two babies!
And nobody named Jon was hurt in climbing the tree for the pic either!

After a few hours of ripping out the ugly bushes, digging and raking, putting down the weed fabric, planting, and mulching, I have:


hard to see- but my shade garden is started!

Now if only I could grow the veg like I can the rest....
But even when things go oh so very wrong, I am greatly blessed!
And Charly's dance performance is this weekend!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment