Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Friday, July 6, 2012

Planning is for Amateurs!

Life keeps making changes to the plans around here... but then again, what else is new?

Even my camera decided to not cooperate on the 4th. I meant to take some pics, but the setting was somehow on video- Then the batteries ran out! So this is the spectacularly exciting result: (just turn your head to the right for optimal viewing pleasure!)

Super exciting or what?!!! But I did have a great time in Tooele with Luke's family, then over to my parent's house for the fireworks. My little (2 yr.) great-niece asked, 'where are your kids?' When I pointed to Charly and Jon, she said, 'No, where is your Adilynne?' Ha, ha- she thinks Adilynne is my little girl! So grateful to Ardis for sharing!!

All of the planning about schedules, housing versus riding the train, money and job for Charly for college... well, life happened- now we get to start over on the planning- I must say how very grateful I am to a loving Father in Heaven who inspired my Char to hold off on making housing/job commitments. I am so glad to have yet one more event like this to show me that He really is in charge!

And I almost have one more summer project complete...
And this one is for me! My jean quilt was dying... the back piece was a very inexpensive piece of fabric that had seen better days- needed to be replaced. Many hours later, it is almost revived! and with fleece! It will be so nice this winter!

2 comments:

  1. You must have a really good sewing machine... mine says it can sew on denim, but it always throws off the tension and then I get a bobbin snag and resulting frustration... just not worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a machine from the 50's- I swear with the right needle, it would sew through anything! But this time around, all the sewing has been done with my own hands. Guess they are pretty tough too! ;)

      Delete