Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

So Often He Smiles....

Written with permission and because I feel compelled to be open and honest here... Not quite sure why it is important for me to write this, but I am sure I should write this. Also hoping it does not sound like complaining...

I am so grateful to be married! But not just married but married to Luke! He is such a kind and caring man, and he truly loves me. For anyone reading this who has experienced less... Well, the magnitude, for me, of Luke truly loving me and treating me the way he does every day... It is a greater blessing than any I could possibly describe!

However, life was never meant to be easy. 

Luke has what the doctors categorize as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  It's hard to describe how difficult it is trying to find a way to cope with this, to find a 'cure' for this... I watch him go through so many ups and downs. He has found ways to be pleasant around others, to push through the tired and worn out for our kids, our friends, our family.  But it leaves him so mentally and sometimes physically drained... And there is nothing I can do to help except wait and pray. 

It gets so hard to watch him day after day. I know he wants to do so many good things in life. He wants so much to work, to accomplish good- some days to accomplish anything at all. And he so wants to  contribute to our marriage and our children's lives... 

But even with the tiredness and the frustration of doing less than he wants, so often Luke smiles...

And his smile lights up my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment