Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Monday, May 6, 2013

It Would be Easier Without the Rocks!

This week, we had to dig out our sprinkler's main shut off...

:( :( :(

over 5 feet below ground and surrounded by pipes and tree roots!!!

yuck, yuck, and double yuck!!

As I took my turn digging, I kept thinking, "it would sure be easier without all the rocks!"

And that got me thinking about all of the other things that are so stressful and difficult in life right now... and all of life's 'rocks!' 

But then again, it's those same 'rocks' that build your 'muscles' in life- just like those darn rocks that built Josh's muscles as he finished digging our hole- Thanks, Josh, for your great work!

So I guess easier does not always equate with better when it comes to the end result in life (Darn it!)

And on an even better note: here is the link to the MOST FABULOUS video- starring my nephew, Kayden- who happens to turn 15 today- Happy birthday, Kayden, and go get them at the US Chess Championship this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment