Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Thankful for my Parents & Bonus Parents!

 


I have been blessed with the very best parents! My mother, as I mentioned earlier this week, was one of a kind! My father has always been there for me. He taught me, through example, the value of hard work. He was a math teacher for many of my growing years. He helped me learn to love math and to love teaching! One of the proudest moments of my math life was when my dad told me he just couldn't help me with my homework any more because I had passed his knowledge. (Granted, it was vector calculus...)



After my divorce, my dad took on the role of father, in part, to my three young children. What a blessing for us all for which I will always be so very thankful! My dad will ALWAYS be there for me!

And my stepmother, Sue is every bit as supportive! Sue came into my life not long after my divorce. I am so thankful for Sue's love and support throughout all of these years! She has been there for me through my time as a single parent, through my dating years and marriage, and everything in between! She is the very best of grandmothers to my children and bonus parent to me!


And what can I say about these wonderful two bonus parents?! Words cannot express the love and gratitude I feel for Anson and Dee! They not only raised the most wonderful son, Luke, who is so perfect for me, but they both love me and support me so very much! They have welcomed me into their family with open arms. 

I am so thankful to have such wonderful parents and bonus parents!



No comments:

Post a Comment