Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Are you okay?


Are you okay? Are you going to be okay with that? Is everything okay?

So many people asking me essentially the sam
e thing...

Short answer: the Lord loves me, so of course I will be okay. Long answer: Well, what other choices do I have?

That's kind of how life is right now- the what other choices do I have kind of life. I suppose I could yell about some things, make trouble of sorts, sit at home and feel sorry for myself or give up on trying to make things better-
but then again, given what I know about who I am, where I come from, and what I am expected to become, none of that is really, truly an option. I am supposed to do my best to help those around me and be okay.
And there is great comfort in being okay, in having no other choice than to be okay. I found it today when that last senior- the one who had to complete 27 hours of attendance make-up with me (during non-class hours, no less- yes, I saw WAY too much of him these last few weeks!)- came in to my classroom with a HUGE grin on his face and announced that he is going to graduate! It's why I teach, it's why I am willing to be at work early every day, it's why, no matter what life may throw at me, I will be okay.

And another reason:
Love this girl! (even if she did grow up way too fast!)

1 comment:

  1. *hugs* I'm sorry life is such a challenge for you, but you have an amazing attitude. I know that the Lord will take care of you. "Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies."

    ReplyDelete