Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Friday, May 13, 2011

the blessing of enjoyment!


(some of my girls- my enjoyment in life!)

Lyrics from a very relevant (but little known) Disney song- relevant to something I need to learn about life...

Why cry about bad weather? Enjoy it!
Each moment is a treasure, enjoy it!
We're travelers on life's highway, enjoy the trip.
Each lovely twist and byway, each bump and dip.

If there's a complication, enjoy it!
You've got imagination, employ it
And you'll see roses in the snow,
Joie de vivre will make them grow.
Voila, that's life. Enjoy it!
(Joie de vivre means joy of living)


(and my favorite part...)
Hurricane comes your way, enjoy the breeze!
You're stranded in the jungle, enjoy the trees!

(Then more chorus)

I just love this song when I get down or discouraged. Life is supposed to be full of hurricanes and jungles (I know mine seems to be); so why not enjoy the breeze?! At least I keep asking myself this question more and more...

After all, Christ himself said, "In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

2 comments:

  1. I can honestly say... I have NEVER heard that song. Haha. What movie is it from? Good luck with your hurricane in the jungle! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's from 'Summer Magic'- Charly loves it... me, not so much. But love the song!

    ReplyDelete