Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ever Changing Life!

My life is going through a transformational year and then some!

Eric is getting married just one month from today- so I will be adding a daughter! Eric also just finished his associate's degree from Snow College. It was a great weekend watching Eric as he completed this first step towards his college education (wish I had pics- but they are on my camera which I do not have with me... I'll post on FB for anyone who would like to see.) It's interesting to note how much of an adjustment it is to have Eric at home, fitting him back into the schedule for laundry, the bathroom, other chores, etc. Guess it's shades of things to come...

Speaking of which, Charly will be graduating from high school in just less than a month! Where have the years gone? She will then be heading off to Idaho this fall. What will I do without my best girlfriend?! Good thing we have a great cell phone plan!

And Jon, well, he is now our 'only child'! He dubbed himself this when Charly turned 18, an official adult... And come fall, he will be on his own with me! I hope he can handle it!

Other changes- my job. I will be leaving a school I love after a decade as a Silverwolf... this will be quite an adjustment wherever I may land. My finances- with 3 'kids' who are growing fast and all the car expenses, medical expense, school expense, and just plain expense expenses, my budget is in a constant state of change- I keep telling myself that this too shall pass, but will it?

But through it all, what a blessing to have these three kids as part of my life! Change and growing will always happen. I am glad to be going through it all with my kids!

2 comments:

  1. First of all... what the crap! Charly is NOT old enough to go to college or be an adult! How is this possible? Haha. I'm so old... Oh sweetie. *hugs* So much going on right now! Life is so crazy. But I'm sure it will all pass... right? haha. Just remember Ether 2:24, which a friend just reminded me of.... "I will bring you up again out of the depths of the sea." He has a plan, we just don't always get to see the map. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. :)

    ReplyDelete