Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

is it metaphorical....

In leaving the temple today and picking up my suitcase, the handle broke- just snapped right off! Yes, the suitcase I have had all of these long years, the one my mom bought for me for the first time I went to the temple with her at my side... it's so like so much in my life right now.

With Eric being home more often Jon has been commenting on having too many 'moms'- ha, ha- he does! But that got me thinking that I really wish he could have just one dad in his life. He was too young to ever remember that, as was Charly.

Ten years at a school I absolutely love is coming to an end, which is bad enough, but I am also facing the prospect of not teaching the subject I love next year...

And then there is the ongoing saga of Jon, his health issues, his school issues (all related to the health/memory issues) and his worries over all these issues! New tests have equaled new questions but not any new answers...

Plus all the other 'little' worries that make life what it is- money for Eric's wedding, money for Charly's college, money for Jon's medical bills, money for- well, I'm sure you know how it goes!

So, if that broken suitcase handle is somehow a metaphor for my life, I'll tell you what I'm going to do: I'm going to fix it. I will find a way to fix the handle because I love that suitcase!

The money stuff? Well, it's working out. One example, when I looked at my paycheck this month, I noticed that the extra money I earned by doing attendance school duty was just $3 shy of the total for the wedding luncheon bill! Now if that is not an example of the Lord looking out for me, I don't know what else is!

Jon's medical stuff? Well, other appointments are scheduled and may lead to some answers- but I will hold onto Jon's attitude of: Heavenly Father knows the problem and will take care of it. Plus, with the Lord's help, Jon and I have found some things to help with the memory- so we'll keep working on those things.

The job thing? I've started over before, I can do it again. Plus I have some great friends who will help me look for options. Not to mention that I am sure the Lord knows where will be best for me!

And the dad thing? Well, after 15 years of raising these kids a single mom who has never been alone, I know that they have been blessed with many dads! Great neighbors who are willing to climb on my roof with them to show them the in's and out's of the swamp cooler or to fix a door or to dig up broken sprinklers..., an amazing Sunday School teacher/mentor who is willing to count them as his own, and the best uncles and grandfather they could ever wish for- but most of all, a Heavenly Father who is always there for all of us!

A metaphor for my life? Why not?!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! *hugs* Even though I know it's tough. Your faith and attitude is amazing. Go get the duct tape! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are.... faith and attitude ARE amazing.... sheesh my mother would be ashamed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya with all of the worries and trials.. but I have to just keep reminding myself to have Faith that it will all work out...

    Your an amazing Mother... and woman!
    Good things are going to come your way.. I just know it!

    ReplyDelete