Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Monday, April 18, 2011

Inspiration from the amazing JRR Tolkien

Two thoughts/quotes...

"I wish none of this had happened." "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."

&

All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

I love this advice... just keep hoping that my 'roots' are deep enough.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE that last quote. Where is it from?
    VERY grateful for your friendship and love these past few weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOTR!!! I can't count how many times I've read it. Every time I pick it up to read it again, my hubby rolls his eyes at me. Haha.

    When I'm discouraged I always think of Samwise when they're approaching Mordor and it says something like "He had never had much hope to begin with, but being a cheerful hobbit he hadn't needed hope... as long as despair could be delayed." Haha. That's how to live life. Postpone losing hope. Just keep going forward, doing the job at hand cheerfully, and don't face despair until you *have to* then know that help beyond yourself will come through.

    Ann- It's the poem from LOTR about Aragorn. There's more to it.... I can *almost* quote the whole thing but don't want to mess it up. If you want to borrow my books, you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love LOTR! I've even worn out one set of books! Read them to Eric when he was six... read each day until I had no voice and that six year old still didn't want me to stop!

    BTW Ann, this quote has bee included in a General Conference talk.

    ReplyDelete