Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A step forward?

You know when the neurologist calls with the test results herself instead of leaving a message or having her nurse do it that it won't be the best news... I just wish I could understand more medical- speak! Jon's EKG showed something starting with a premature aortic ______, and something else about the other end of the heartbeat being off as well. But apparently it could all still be 'normal'- which I know, that sounds like the goods news, right?

However, after so many years and so many tests (MRI, EEG, EKG, neuro-psych evals, spinal tap, etc) that have shown 'something' but nothing 'definitive'... so frustrated! Sometimes I just wish that the test would give an indication of the root of the problems, but if that means Jon getting worse on his condition, whatever it may be, well- of course, I don't want that.

So this could be the beginning of some answers or the middle of even more questions about my most adorable Jonathan (and yes, I am referring to my going on 17 year-old son as adorable! I am his mother after all.) I will be praying that my Father in Heaven will lead the doctors to whatever it is they are to discover at this time, and that He will give me the patience that I can never seem to develop enough of no matter how much comes my way!

And I will try to appreciate even more the incredible blessing that Jon is in my life!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's so stressful!!! I know how you feel about wanting to get some answers... but not wanting them to find anything bad. *hugs* Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete