Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Friday, April 8, 2011

Jonathan, Jonny, Jon, Jonny-cakes, my buddy

What can one say about this most adorable child? Jon is my youngest and my buddy! He is the most perfect fit for our family. Always saying something funny, always thinking of new and unique ideas- then making them work- Of course, that can be both a good thing and a not-so-good thing... like the time he was 5 and decided he didn't want to leave his cousin's house. He and his cousin piled every toy they could find in front of the door! It took breaking and entering through the window to get the door open- sorry Kim! Or the time he (when he was not quite 2) wanted to climb on the oven, the old fashioned kind, and opened the oven door to do it. Yes, the oven was on and Jon got a third degree burn from hand to elbow! Or the time when he wanted to see what would happen if he stuck a metal key chain into the socket of a lamp... Yes, the lamp was on (Jon had removed the bulb) and Jon got quite a scary electrical shock! I guess with all the climbs, falls, bumps, bruises, etc. you could say that it's a miracle Jon has only ever come away with that burn, one mild concussion, and a couple of bouts with stitches!

Jon is a very good-natured child. Someone once pointed out that Jon is rarely angry and that he never holds a grudge. That is so very true! Now don't get me wrong, Jon has had his normal moments, some terrible two moments, some disrupting church moments, a few getting in trouble at school moments and now some memorable teenage moments, but by and large, Jon is a very laid back and happy kid. In his life, Jon has also had some unique medical challenges. The doctors have used several scary medical terms in describing Jon: dysarthia, dystnioa, foreign accent syndrome and juvenial onset dementia to name a few- and still no firm diagnosis. But Jon told me when he was about 10 that it doesn't worry him at all. He said, " My life is the way Heavenly Father wants it to be. So everything will work out." What a magnificent spirit!

Jon is very talented. Besides his talent with people- making them smile- Jon can crochet, cook, and, my favorite, Jon can write music. He hasn't spent much time with this last talent in recent years, but I am always hoping...

Jon is my buddy. He, by virtue of being the last child, is the one who likes to just hang out with mom. He enjoys many things I enjoy, including my love of sci-fi and cooking (his love of eating doesn't hurt either!). I dread the day, coming soon I am sure, that Jon will be too busy with his own life to spend much time in mine.
I am so thankful to have Jon in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment