Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Friday, April 15, 2011

decisions on the job front...

I find it quite interesting how the Lord prepares me for things in my life. This week in Sunday School, Gospel Doctrine class, I am teaching a lesson which includes the parable of the Good Samaritan. And this week at work, I am learning first-hand the effects of someone doing the opposite.

After ten years of sticking to a floundering district because of my love for my school, I will be leaving due to the politics of the system and the selfish choices of one person. Yet, I am certain that the Lord is directing my life and trying to teach me multiple lessons.

Many years ago, I had been providing daycare for various families while my own children were young. Then came the week that all three of my current families told me that they would not be needing my services any longer: one mom decided to be at home with her children, one family was moving, and the last family was having their grandmother move in with them. I did the usual advertising and spreading the word to find new clients but to no avail. I knew the Lord was telling me it was time for a change. Change I did! I soon found a job as a para educator for the special education department of Granite School District- and that of course led to my seeking a teaching certificate and then a master's degree. The Lord knew what I needed.

So, amidst my anxiety and hurt and feelings of betrayal, I need to learn the lesson of the Good Samaritan. As James E. Faust says in part of my lesson: "The Savior reminds us, 'He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.' One of life’s paradoxes is that a person who approaches everything with a what’s-in-it-for-me attitude may acquire money, property, and land, but in the end will lose the fulfillment and the happiness that a person enjoys who shares his talents and gifts generously with others."

I need to look for the opportunities now presented to me, seek the things that the Lord would have me to do, and actively watch for the chances to serve those around me. In looking back upon other turning points in my life, I know that I will be blessed if I do this.

4 comments:

  1. *hugs* I'm sorry for the hurt and betrayal... and STRESS that this is sure to be bringing. But I love your attitude. I am sure you will be blessed and life will be EVEN BETTER because of your faith to move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the other day, Alyssa and I were talking about why bad things happen to good people. The bottom line is that a loving Heavenly Father is making us into so much more than we could ever see in ourselves. My Sunday School lesson last week was on Peter walking on the water. He had so much faith when he stepped out onto that water, but then the storm came and he was afraid and he faltered and started to sink, but Christ was right there to reach out his hand and pick him back up. The scriptures say, "And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him." This is one of my favorite stories in the scriptures because it teaches us that during those times when the storm is raging in our lives and we are afraid that Christ is there to catch us up. We will keep you in our prayers Deanne and, like you,I know that "all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! It's been a great year in many ways, but so hard in so many others... I just need to keep my eyes on the good, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know good things await you.. I just know it.
    (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete