Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Monday, May 9, 2011

My second mom: Sue!


I couldn't let Mother's Day pass me by without expressing my appreciation to Sue. She is my second mom (step-mom). Sue came into our lives when we really needed her. She is a wonderful woman and marvelous example to me and to my children.

You could never ask for a better grandmother! Sue hosts a Fourth of July party you would not believe- unless, that is, you had the privilege of attending. It starts just after noon with a massive water fight (with Sue right there with the grandkids, complete with swim wear and water gun!), then moves on to a scrumptious barbecue (so much good food!), and ends with the best homegrown fireworks, including a gigantic tank war- Sue buys every kid an entire box of tanks and the 'war' doesn't stop until there is a mini bonfire at the end of the driveway! The kids absolutely love every exhausting minute of the day!


Sue made a dream come true for me and the kids a few years back when she graciously took us all to Disneyland. It was such a grand time, and we made so many priceless memories! I can never thank her enough for that trip- and especially for coming with us!

Sue is also such a great influence in my life! She was not married before she married my dad; so Sue knows exactly how I feel when I try to date, or I sit at home alone. She has let me cry on her shoulder more times than I care to remember when I experience yet another heartbreak in my life or when I am so discouraged with the challenges of being single, or even when I have trouble at work (Sue was also in education for years!). Sue is such a wonderful example to me. I hope and pray that I can be just like her when I finally grow up!












2 comments:

  1. So sweet! You seriously make me cry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very sweet indeed.
    I had no idea this was Sue's first marriage..
    I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Sue from my Mom as well.

    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. I feel the same way about you. It shows what a wonderful woman you are -- as your children are exceptional! I do believe you will find love and companionship again one day.. I really do.

    ReplyDelete