Why this blog...

I am the mother of the three most talented, intelligent and beautiful children ever to live on this earth. I am also privileged to be married to the most wonderful man! He has added three additional talented, intelligent and beautiful children to our family! I have a job that I mostly love, a wonderful education, a beautiful home, marvelous family, and I have the privilege of belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have been greatly blessed in my life, but I sometimes forget that. So, I decided to create this blog as a way to remind myself of all the many blessings and miracles that surround me. (I'm also terrible at keeping a journal- so this will be something for my kids to enjoy as well.)

I hope you enjoy what you read. I would love to hear what you think!

Deanne

Friday, November 2, 2012

Strange Humor...

One of the things I truly love about Luke is that he gets me- he understands my weird references and jokes without explanation! Example:

He asked if he could call me 'Gorgeous' instead of 'Beautiful'- as he put it, it's easier... after all, it only has 2 syllables as opposed to 3!

My reply: 'Unless you are from the south, that is!'

And he laughed! Right away!

You see, I know this due to my wonderful college roommate from Virginia who could call me nothing shorter than 'Dee-Ann-Ann'. Her dialect just wouldn't allow her to say 'Deanne'... spent the funniest hour listening to her try, though- I think all of us laughed so hard we cried!

And I get him too! Must be the perfect combination of nerd-iness! Our poor friends and family in a few years!

This reminds me of one thing I love about my Adilynne and Makayla: one used to call me 'Aunt Dee' (I miss that!) and the other still calls me 'Aunt DeeDandy'! I will miss it when she grows up!

But I love it now and what a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment